Services to help you make informed decisions
Services to help you make informed decisions...
We specialise in converting demographic data into knowlege about places and the people that live in them. As well as our online products, we have developed reports specifically for local government decision makers. Here are some of the consulting services we provide:
Residential Role and Function Report
- Do you understand the role your Local Government Area plays within your city or region?
- Is it a retirement destination of full of young people?
- Do you cater mainly for migrants from overseas, or those who were born here?
- How is your area changing over time, what are the emerging population groups?
- Are you providing the right types of housing for the emerging population groups?
- What are the main emerging demographic issues in your area?
The residential role and function report answers these questions and more, by applying the concept of Suburb Life Cycles to data from the 1996, 2001 and 2006 Census (and 2011 once it is released). The role and function report draws together demographic information about your community to help you understand where it fits within a regional context and how it is changing.
The role and function analysis includes a "suburb typology" which highlights similarities and differences between the suburbs and towns which make up your LGA, and pinpoints where they are in the suburb life-cycle and the likely future outcomes for the LGA and suburbs.
The detailed report is a great resource for understanding your community, while the executive summary can be used as a demographic introduction that can be incorporated into many council reports.
Economic Role and Function Report
- Do you know the size of your economy?
- Is your area a dormitory suburb or economic powerhouse?
- What are the emerging and declining industries in your area?
- What workforce does your LGA serve – locals or people from outside?
- How self-contained is your economy?
- Do you have a highly educated, well paid workforce, a mainly casual or part time workforce, or both?
- What is the spatial distribution of industry in your area and how do people get there?
The economic role & function report enables you to understand your economy and your workforce, and how these are changing over time. Using both economic modelling and Census data from economy.id, it presents the story of the industries and people who make up your local economy, looking at the dominant and emerging groups.
The economic role & function also presents an assessment of economic and demographic challenges for your area in the future. The executive summary is designed to be used as an introduction to a variety of reports, and any of the content can be used in your own reports if credited.
Communities of Interest Report
The communities of interest report helps you understand particular target population groups within your Local Government Area such as:
- Young children
- Post-school youth (18-24)
- Older people (65+)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- People with a disability
- People from CALD backgrounds
- Low income individuals and households.
- How are the target populations distributed throughout your LGA and how is this changing?
- Do certain population groups typify the population in your area?
- What is the socio-economic status of different groups?
- Are there pockets of disadvantage in an otherwise affluent area, or vice-versa?
If you would like other demographic analysis done, .id can help you bring out the story behind the numbers. Please contact us for a quote.