Agile Coach/Scrum Master
Join the .id team
Agile Coach/Scrum Master
What are we looking for?
Would you like to work with a team of ‘corporate refugees’ who are committed to creating an intelligent company where our ideas can flourish, our work matters, and we treat ourselves and our clients with integrity and humour? If so, we are looking for someone who will:
- Act as Scrum Master for a scrum team with a focus on guiding the team towards improving the way they work, with the view to later expanding the role to an additional team
- Facilitate sprint reviews, planning, and retrospectives
- Support and coach the Product Owner
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog refined
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Strengthen the presence of our team as an Agile ‘centre of excellence’ and act as a galvanizing force for our whole team in terms of sharing Agile knowledge across the company
- Collaborating with other .id Scrum Masters from other teams
Who would you be working with?
.id was started in 1997 by a group of people who are deeply interested in public policy and urban planning and who want to contribute to building a good society in Australia. We also wanted to break free from the corporate mould, creating a place where we enjoyed going to work. Nearly twenty years on these values are still the driving force behind .id and the (almost) fifty of us who work here.
We are a team of demographic and spatial analysts, population forecasters, urban economists, developers, data management specialists, user experience and visual designers who are looking for someone to help us get better at what we do.
Who are you?
- A positive, motivated person who enjoys their work
- A great communicator who leads by ‘doing’ rather than by ‘telling’
- A servant-leader who is able to gain the respect of the team and willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- An enthusiastic proponent of continual learning, reflection and improvement, both for themselves and for a team
- Skilled at constructively facilitating discussion, conflict resolution, and bringing about disclosure and transparency with the team
- Able to lead the team towards self-organisation through ensuring Agile concepts are understood and applied in the everyday context, whilst maintaining flexibility and empathy
- Able to be a voice of reason and authority and make the tough calls when necessary
- Skilled at assessing the ‘maturity’ of a team and coaching them to higher levels, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
What skills will you have?
- Experience in a similar role for at least two years for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Track record of continual and recent education in Agile/Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban etc
If you would like to discuss the role further please call Derek Winter on
03 9417 2205.
To apply please email your CV and an introductory letter to email@example.com