Work at .id
What can we offer you?
Would you like to work in a role involving business development through to scoping, winning, managing and delivering consulting work? Would you like to help implement a strategy to continue the growth of .id’s location analysis business? Would you like to build long-term relationships with new and existing clients across a range of industries? Would you like to work with a team of ‘corporate refugees’ who are committed to creating an intelligent company where our ideas can flourish, our work matters and we treat ourselves and our clients with integrity and humour?
Who will you be working with?
.id was started in 1997 by a group of people who are deeply interested in public policy and urban planning and who want to contribute to building a good society in Australia. They also wanted to break free from the corporate mould, creating a place where they enjoyed going to work. 20 years on these values are still the driving force behind .id and the 40 of us who work here.
Our contribution to society is to build the demographic and economic evidence-base upon which important decisions are made. How many new primary schools does Victoria need and where should they be located? Where should elite football teams locate their training grounds? How can we help increase the number of people donating blood? What are a region’s economic strengths and how can they be developed? Our team of demographers, economists, spatial analysts, urban planners, forecasters, census data and IT experts answer these sorts of questions.
Why is it an exciting (and different) consulting role?
Location analysis is a relatively new and rapidly growing part of the .id business with revenue tripling over the last three-years.
While we offer ‘consulting’ services, we do so in a different way. We tend to build long-term collaborative partnerships with our clients which are driven by a subscription model to our products and services. This means we get to work alongside our clients and see how our work is making a real difference in their business and the community.
We work across a breadth of top-tier clients, including: Coles, ANZ, Telstra, AFL, NRL, YMCA, Stockland, Red Cross Blood Service, Department of Education Victoria, Catholic Education Office (Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Newcastle), Western Water, Legal Aid, NBN Co, Japara, Urbis and many more…
What would you do with your days?
- Build relationships with existing clients, increasing the profile of our products within these organisations. Look for and respond to opportunities to expand our reach.
- Implement strategies for generating new client business. This will involve working with the .id team to identify new opportunities (e.g. vertical market sectors) and depending on your interests may include attending and speaking at conferences, running seminars, blogging on specific topics, building on existing relationships etc.
- Qualify new enquiries generated through .id’s online marketing strategy and business development activity.
Successfully co-design a consulting solution with clients, clearly articulating to executives the potential of spatial analysis to transform their business decision making.
- Project-manage and contribute to the delivery of consulting work. This may include running workshops to understand the client’s requirements, scoping and costing a solution, bringing together the appropriate .id team, project managing delivery, presenting recommendations to the client and supporting them to maximise the value of the investment within the organisation.
Who are you?
- A positive, motivated person who enjoys their work
- Excellent writer, communicator and collaborator
- Strategic, results-oriented thinker
- Meets deadlines, juggles multiple projects and works well independently and as part of a team
- Experience dealing with clients and managing complex projects
- A proven ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and clients
- Experience delivering quality, customised outcomes in complex environments
- Attention to detail
- Degree qualified in Geography, Commerce, Urban Planning, Economics, Demography or equivalent
- Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a consulting environment
- Previous experience working with demographic data, including an understanding of ABS geographies and datasets is highly regarded
- Understanding of Agile working principles is highly regarded.
If you would like to discuss the role further please call Katie Bayley on 03 9417 2205.
To apply please email your CV and an introductory letter to firstname.lastname@example.org