Fullstack Developer - Multiple Roles
About the team
We are a small team (8) dedicated to providing economic insights to our clients. We are formed around our value stream (economics) and are cross functional (from selling, to consultancy, to delivery - all roles sit within this Economic team.
Most of our clients are situated in the government sector, or dependent upon it (LGA, RDA, State, etc)
We are self-governing, self-motivated and have an open culture of sharing and support. Every role in the team is an equal contributing member of the whole. If this excites you - read on!
What we need (from a technical lens)
- All our products rely on data, specifically, time series geospatial related data.
- In more detail, we host our data in a variety of tables and databases that we querry and serve to our custom headless CMS and React (SSR) frontend. Standing up a new client means hosting new data (insights) within SQL databases. This then has to be coupled to our frontend where it will be accessed by the client. This is where the majority of our day-2-day technical activity resides.
- Our technology stack is Microsoft. We use MS SQL & MySQL, Host in Azure and our custom CMS is written in c# and .NET.
- Outside of the day-2-day, the team requires technical enhancements to our website to allow for more capability (new features) and also uplifting manual tasks used by our economic consultants via automated SQL stored procedures.
- There is also a need for maintaining our Azure infrastructure.
What skills & experience are we after?
- Minimum of 8+ years working in a similar role
- Strong database experience, specifically SQL. (Looking for Expert level).
- Strong self starter, with the creativity to work autonomously within a custom stack.
- Experience running database technologies in production.
- Experience in ETL/ELT development.
- Solid understanding of how CMS’s and headless CMS’s work.
- Strong problem solving ability, understanding of SRE Principles and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full rights to work in Australia, local to Melbourne.
- Experience with React and Server-side pre-render tools (NextJS, Gatsby, etc.)
- Solid understanding of SEO best practices.
- Prior working experience in a similar field (economics, forecasting, demographic, etc.) .
- To a lesser decree, experience with geospatial (QGIS, etc.).
Additionally, you will have;
- Strong desire to take end-2-end ownership of the current tech stack.
- Willingness to continually improve, looking for and taking advantage of looking for an opportunity to innovate and drive technical capabilities into the future,
- Which includes owning the tech strategy, so you’re a big-picture-kind-of-person.
- The want to be part of a small, self-organised team.
- Skilled in documenting the technology and changes you work in
Who are .id?
We are driven by a strong desire to contribute to the development of a good society where everyone has access to housing, education, employment, social & political inclusion, culture, health, recreation and information.
.id (informed decisions) are population experts dedicated to informing decisions that shape our future. We are passionate about what we do and who we do it with. Our contribution to society is to build the demographic evidence-base upon which important decisions are made.
Our specialists have deep expertise in demographics, economics, housing and population forecasting. They work closely with our team of spatial analysts and software developers to uncover and communicate stories of people and places.
If that sounds like a heady mix of specialisations – it is.
We do a lot of work in each of those disciplines, but it’s when these perspectives align – whether it’s over lunch in the office or around a project kickoff – that the magic really happens.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your experience and skills will set you up to be successful in the to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to quote Team Economy in your submission. Any queries about the role can be sent to the same address.