We have an opportunity in our Collingwood office to join our Economics Team. The successful candidate will display outstanding analytical skills, demonstrate curiosity about places and communities, be a strong writer and presenter, and enjoy developing solutions for our clients.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated economist, with a passion for informing decisions that shape future communities. You will get to work with our existing local government clients (over 250 councils subscribe to .id’s products and services) to provide evidence and advice that helps them understand their local economies, strategically plan, and attract investment. You’ll be able to work on a variety of different projects as well as design and implement product innovations. You’ll be empowered to manage your own workload and career development.
.id (Informed Decisions) are experts dedicated to informing decisions that shape our future. Initially formed by a small group of ‘corporate refugees’, we are passionate about what we do, who we work with and how we work together.
The Economics Team works with our existing Local Government clients to make better planning and investment decisions that drive sustainable and inclusive economic development. We do this by providing economic consulting services and through the delivery of our flagship online product, economy.id.
What we are looking for
Are you passionate about delivering economic insights to create meaningful change?
Do you enjoy analysing local trends to tell a story about a place or region – its economic strengths and weaknesses, its place in the world, and how this is changing overtime?
Are you passionate about working with our clients to understand the questions they are looking to answer and building an evidence-based story that helps communicate our findings?
As an economic consultant at .id, you’re faced with many opportunities. Here are just some of the things you’ll do:
- Collect data and information you’ll use to build messaging that informs clients
- Analyse local and regional trends through our online web applications, economic modelling and research
- Respond to queries and ask questions to help better understand our clients’ needs
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, translate data into meaningful insights, and then present these findings to clients
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of projects
- Publish your work (e.g. ebooks, blogs) to increase our digital marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with the team to turn what you’ve learnt on consulting projects into automation and product innovation (e.g. improvements to economy.id.)
- Write proposals for clients based on a client’s needs.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics (or similar)
- Experience working in economic analysis, economic development, or as a consultant/researcher
- A strong analytical skill set (e.g. data analysis, spatial / GIS analysis, economic modelling, statistical techniques, benefit cost analysis, economic impact analysis, forecasting)
- Proficiency with MS office
- Experience with data analysis program languages (e.g. SQL) or data visualisation tools (desirable)
- A client-focused mindset
- A ‘What does it mean?’ approach to analysis
- Strong writing and speaking skills with the ability to explain complex economic issues via simple terms and visuals
- Willingness to travel
- A desire to contribute to the team – be collaborative, proactive and continually learn
- Passion and curiosity
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume that addresses the role requirements to email@example.com
If you have any questions, call Rob Hall, Senior Consultant, on 9417 2205.