Agile Coach/Scrum Master
We are .id
For the past 25 years, our eclectic team of geographers, demographers, economists, population forecasters, social researchers and software engineers have been using data to tell stories about Australian places and communities.
We study how cities, towns and regions are changing, and create intuitive web applications for people with diverse needs. We help organisations to make informed decisions about when and where to provide services, invest and advocate. At present, we provide services to more than 300 Australian councils, other levels of government and the private sector.
We have a demonstrated track record of innovation and, as the external environment changes and our clients require new data sources, products and services to continue to act in the best interests of their community, we are there to meet that need.
What we’re doing
Our clients rely on our population forecasts to invest in the right place at the right time. We are a growth team within an established company. We have a loyal base of customers who do important work planning services for our future communities, including schools, shopping centres, utility networks and the setting of electoral boundaries.
We’re doing ground-breaking work in the area of land-use research to understand current and planned residential development, and modelling how demographic, economic and other factors influence the forecast population for Australia. This video is a good introduction to our work.
Each day you will work alongside demographers, economists, software developers, specialists in GIS and spatial analysis as well as our business development and customer support team. You will facilitate and participate in discussions about what these influences mean for the future population of our cities and regions. It’s important work and our contribution to the society we all enjoy.
Our value stream is forming from two mature, established cross functional teams each of which had embedded agile principles in the way they work. The value stream is organised into 3 cross-functional squads, one producing the forecasts the other two focussed on different market segments.
Where we’re going
Our team have recently set the ambitious goal maintaing the currency of our nationwide forecasts and expanding our client base across Local Government and Commercial markets. Our forecasts are highly valuable to many organisations and we have reorganised the value stream to help us achieve our significant growth goals. As we work toward that goal, we need to continually deliver for our current clients and make steady progress in a complex environment where the path we take to achieve our goal is not yet clear.
Where you fit in
Whether you’re a scrum master, agile coach, delivery lead, agile business analyst, agile project manager, product owner or product manager, we’re interested in someone who wants to be embedded in a team and committed to achieving ambitious goals.
We are looking for someone who is willing to be “hands on” to help us organise the work in our team and squads.
In partnership with the Business Strategist, you will own the accountability of the squads achieving our product development and commercial goals.
- Help us set clear goals, maintain our backlog and prioritise work
- Facilitate iteration reviews, planning and retrospectives
- Develop & Maintain metrics to monitor progress toward our goals
- Maintaining an open, connected, focused and supportive team culture
- Identify and fill gaps in our processes (be willing and able to fill the gaps yourself)
- Champion continual delivery while maintaining a sustainable pace of work
- Embrace and encourage experimentation towards our goals of forecast currency, revenue growth and customer adoption.
- Lead cross-squad coordination and manage the people and organisation function within our team
- Stay current with and promoting the latest thinking on Agile & Lean ways of working and team effectiveness across the organisation as a whole
- Help us optimise existing processes continuing to adopt Lean & Agile principles for how we work
- Build the team’s capacity for self-coaching and process improvement
- Five years of experience as an agile coach, delivery lead, agile business analyst, agile project manager, product owner or product manager
- Demonstrated ability and experience to coach a team during a period of growth, organisational change or new product development
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated experience coaching multi-disciplinary teams and/or non-technical teams.
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne, Australia
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your experience and skills will set you up to be successful in the to email@example.com. Any queries about the role can be sent to the same address.