.id (informed decisions)
Rights to privacy
.id Consulting Pty Limited ACN 084 054 473 and all related corporations (“.id, we or our”) understand the importance of protecting an individual’s rights to privacy. We have prepared this statement to help you understand how we aim to protect the privacy of your personal information and the personal information of others, obtained through use of our websites and the associated services that we provide.
This policy describes the way .id collects information from all end users of our Internet-based services (the “Services”). Users include those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts (“Visitors”), individuals who pay a fee to subscribe to our Services (“Subscribers”), and Clients for whom we create a web-site based product such as economy.id [“Client Personnel”]. Below we explain what we do with the information we collect and the choices Visitors, Subscribers and Client Personnel have concerning the collection and use of this information.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Personal Information .id Collects and How It Is Used
Introduction. .id collects information in different ways from Visitors, Subscribers and Client Personnel who access our Services. We use this information primarily to provide a customised experience as you use our Services. Generally we do not share this information with third parties. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in special cases as described below.
Registration: Subscribers may be asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, email address and contact telephone number. The personal information collected from Subscribers during the registration process is used to manage each Subscriber’s account (such as for billing purposes). This information is not shared with third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise or in special circumstances.
Responses to Email Inquiries: When Visitors, Subscribers or Client Personnel send email inquiries to .id, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. .id does not use this return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party, unless in the case of a Client this is agreed otherwise in the Client agreement we have in place.
Where a Visitor requests information from .id in the form of a report or customised data/information we ask for their name/organisation along with their email address. If this Visitor makes repeat requests we may contact them to ascertain if they wish to subscribe to one of our fee-based services such as .id Placemaker.
Our Subscriber Services
- Our monthly newsletter .idInsight: We send out our .idInsight newsletter to our newsletter subscribers on a monthly basis. You can subscribe to this service by providing a name and email address. You may choose to provide a pseudonym or first name rather than your own full name. Email addresses will be used to deliver our newsletter to you, and from time to time other information related to our Services that we think you may find interesting.
- Our Blog: You may subscribe to our Blog by providing your email address. If you choose to participate in the Blog you are also required to provide a name. You may choose to provide a pseudonym or first name rather than your own full name. Using the email address you provide we may deliver to you from time to time other information related to our Services that we think you may find interesting.
- e-Books: You may download e-Books from our website, but to do so you are required to provide some personal information, including your last name, the Australian State in which you are located, your job role description, your contact phone number and some information about the company that you work for. We use this information to help us to personally tailor service offers for you.
- Demographic Resources Centre: Local Governments across Australia and New Zealand engage .id to produce demographic information for their local areas. Delivered online by .id for Local Government, these demographic websites become a public resource for everyone to access. Information available may include: community profiles, population forecasts, economic profiles, and social atlases.
By giving us your personal information to receive Subscriber Services, you consent to our disclosure of this information to HubSpot to help us provide the Subscriber Services, which means that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply and you agree that we do not have to take steps to ensure requiring this information to be treated in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Third Party Websites: In addition to our websites, which we control directly, we also use and provide links to websites that are controlled by third parties, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, suppliers of data to .id
- Statistics New Zealand, suppliers of data to .id
- HERE North America LLC supplier of HERE Map Data on .id’s websites
- Google Maps, supplier of the Google Map Data on .id’s websites
- Microsoft Corporation, supplier of Bing Maps data on .id’s websites
- NIEIR, suppliers of economic data used in the economy.id website
- Hometrack, suppliers of economic data used in the economy.id website
- Facebook, so users can share information they find on .id websites
- Twitter, so users can share information they find on .id websites
- Linked In, so users can share information they find on .id websites
- Google+, so users can share information they find on .id websites
- Youtube, so users can access .id video content.
If you use or follow a link to any of these third party websites, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for how they use information obtained about you from your use of their website. It is your responsibility to read and understand the privacy policies of these entities.
Voluntary Customer Surveys: We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage you to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary.
We may take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other customers we may have, to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residential postcode, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
Special Cases: It is .id’s policy not to use or share the personal information about Visitors, Subscribers or Client Personnel in ways unrelated to those described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or prohibit the unrelated use.
- However, we may disclose personal information about Visitors, Subscribers or Client Personnel, or information regarding your use of the Services or websites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so. Such a reason may include:
- where we have a regulatory or legal obligation to do so; or
- or other user policies; or
- to operate the Services effectively; or
- to protect .id, our Clients, Subscribers, and Visitors.
Unless expressed otherwise in this Policy, where we use third party service providers to provide services to .id that involve data processing (eg archival, auditing, professional advisory – including legal, accounting, financial and business consulting, technology, website, research, banking/payment, data processing and security services), we require the service providers to handle your personal information in accordance with Australian law, which includes the Australian Privacy Principles.
Public Forums: Please remember that any information you may disclose in any public areas of our websites (eg blog.id.com.au) or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas. We accept no responsibility for your participation in a public forum.
.id’s Commitment to Data Security: Our Services and websites have reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
You can help us to keep your information secure. Please remember that any user name or password in relation to our websites is personal to you and should not be made available to any other person. You should stop using your username and password and notify us immediately if you suspect that someone else may be using them.
Accessing, Updating & Removing Your Personal Information: If at any time you would like to access, update or remove your personal details, or would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Complaints: Please direct all privacy complaints to our privacy compliance officer. A privacy complaint relates to any concern or dispute that you have with our privacy practices as it relates to your personal information. At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously, dealt with promptly, and in a confidential manner. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or email email@example.com.
.id Privacy Officer Contact Details
By phone: +61 9417 2205
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential – Privacy Officer
.id Consulting Pty Ltd
10 Easey Street, Collingwood 3066
Subscribe to monthly updates
Stay up to date about demographic and economic changes around Australia with .id Insight, our monthly newsletter.
FEED YOUR CURIOSITY
Follow the .id blog
Receive articles twice a week about demographic, economic and housing trends and more. We promise it will be interesting.